UPDATE

When we decided to start blogging Matt told me to just start the one Blog instead of trying to do two. Unfortunately, he was right, as usual (though I will rarely admit it). But, by giving this one up for an entire week, I have found that there are things I don't want to put on our other blog that I don't mind ranting about here. Though I am not planning on putting a ton of posts on here, maybe it will be a little more personal. 

To view all of our posts  just  go to www.SheerElegancePhotography.blogspot.com

Thanks!

k

Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Next Chapter...

Since (technically) no one is reading this but me I thought I would write a few lines about what is going on in our personal life. If anyone is actually reading this blog, I hope you get a laugh out of my little rant. 

It looks like the time has finally come to finish school. In reality it is probably something we should have finished ages ago. I never dreamed our move to Las Vegas would bring about SO MUCH change. Matt just feels like we need to get it done, and I have to say that I agree.  We have talked about going back to school forever. That was the reason we moved back to Utah in the first place, but it just wasn't what we were supposed to do there I guess. We were SO busy with our photo stuff we barely had time to breathe let alone go to school on top of it... But being here.... Last night Matt couldn't sleep, so he found his transcripts, sent in his application to UNLV and started looking at admission and degree requirements. AND he is looking into GRAD SCHOOL. Which will make his graduation for his BS take 5 semesters instead of 3, plus the 2-4 years grad school will take. He feels like he needs to graduate in something that will help other people... My guess is something like Physical Therapy or something like that. He has done so much of it over the years with all of his knee surgeries. It is something he knows. He is brilliant, so I know that he really can do whatever he wants and be good at it. I guess I am just curious to see where it all goes. We still want to do photography, whatever happens. It is something we both love and we can do it together. 

I got my transcripts today and will have just over 80 credits by the end of the semester. I do miss being in a classroom, but I will be so glad to have it all done.  I honestly think this is the only way we could actually do school - both of us I mean - and finish. Here we will have SO many extra hands to help out with Ky. 

Ah well, I guess such is life. All we can do is take a picture to laugh at later. 

1 comment:

Ben Gutierrez said...

I hate to break it to you, but you're not the only one reading your own blog. :-)

Yesterday I was reading a great blog on getting a job at Google. The first thing the writer said was: "The best tip is: go get a computer science degree. The more computer science you have, the better." So of course I'm wondering if I'll ever finish school.

I think that both of you doing it at the same time is a great idea; I don't know if I could go back to school full time thinking that I was the only one making us poor.