UPDATE

When we decided to start blogging Matt told me to just start the one Blog instead of trying to do two. Unfortunately, he was right, as usual (though I will rarely admit it). But, by giving this one up for an entire week, I have found that there are things I don't want to put on our other blog that I don't mind ranting about here. Though I am not planning on putting a ton of posts on here, maybe it will be a little more personal. 

To view all of our posts  just  go to www.SheerElegancePhotography.blogspot.com

Thanks!

k

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

pregnancy woes

I hate the first trimester of pregnancy. It really sucks. I swear on my life I'm having a girl this time. I am 10 times sicker than I was with Kylan! With Ky I threw up twice, I was just nauseous all the time. Now, I throw up twice A DAY! Well, once a day lately. It is starting to let up a little. With Kylan I knew that no matter how bad it got I could keep down cheerieo's and not feel too terrible. Not anymore!! Every time I eat them they come right back up! They say saltine crackers curb the nausea? Load of crap! I threw those up too! Salad with lime and salt is the worst when coming back up, I have found out. And TV dinners and that instant rice stuff? Forget it! If I even SMELL them I have to go to another part of the house and light a candle! (that just goes to show you what a bad house-wife I am, that we have a freezer full of TV dinners and a pantry full of instant-stuff for the not-so-rare occasion when dinner isn't made. Even then, Matt cooks most of the time!)

And my latest..... About 2 years ago I was in 2 car accidents in exactly 1 week. Both of them were toatled. The first one threw my back out a bit. The second one... Well, I was in a tiny little lancer and got sideswiped on the freeway by one of those big Utah Redneck trucks. I was thrown across 4 lanes of traffic, into 3 other cars, and into a cement barrier, where I did almost a compete 360. My car looked like a crushed soda can and I was taken away in an ambulance. Needless to say, I still have a lot of back problems.

When I am pregnant I crave Little Cesars like a mad-woman. Crazy Bread is nothing short if heaven to me! Matt was sweet enough to stop and pick some up for a late lunch/early dinner on his way home today. I don't know quite what happened, I think I was just so exited at him supporting my little addiction that I ate too much too fast... Well, I found out that pizza is actually painful when it comes back up. This was not your average throwing up, this was VIOLENT. It was so bad, in fact, that it threw out my back!! Within 5 minutes I was on the ground with tylenol and a heating pad on my back. (that is the drill, per my DR, at the first sign of back pain.) A few minutes later it just kept getting worse. Within 10 minutes I was near tears. Unfortunately, this is not the first time this has happened. The remedy? A good back cracking, Vicoden and a 12 hour release pain patch. Unfortunately that was my last one - OF BOTH! I felt better after another half hour or so being on the medication, but WOW is that painful!! I just hope my back isn't thrown out again before I can get into the doctor!

You have to admit, it is nothing short of pathetic when your morning-sickness lands you on your back and on narcotics!!

4 comments:

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

Wow, My eyes are adjusting from reading that. I have black lines in my view now, lol. Another Wow! Since when are you pregnant girl??? Congratulations! That is cool. My girls gave me bad nausea and I finally (on my 4th pregnancy) figured out that when I get the urge to vomit, I suck on a piece of candy cane (or peppermint) and it worked wonders with the vomiting. A lot of the time I was able to hold it down and not throw up, which is big for me. I threw up for 6 months with Emma, 3 with Zack, 9 with Abby(every day and sometimes multiple times a day), and Connor I had the urge the whole pregnancy but after a few months I discovered the peppermint and then I only threw up sporadically. Scrambled eggs are pretty bad coming up too. Man I am sorry you are going through it. :(

Sarah Stiles said...

Yeah, thanks for the head's up on the pregnancy. I love how you just jumped right into that whole thing without mentioning previously that you were pg:-) Actually, I did know already, but I won't tell you where I heard it from;-)

Sorry about the m/s. My sis has had it really bad with both her girls. With Cameron I hardly had it at all, but whenever I started to feel nauseous, I ate a little lemon salt (you can find it in the Mexican food isle at Smith's). I often wonder what my next pregnancy will be like (assuming my body cooperates long enough for me to get pg!). They say every pregnancy is different, so who knows!

Sarah said...

I feel your pain. Not your back pain, but I know a lot about morning sickness. With my last one I had it for the entire time. With all of my pregnancies I have to go on medication to help stop the constant throwing up. I really hope yours lets up soon, and your back gets better. I love, love, love Crazy Bread and Crazy Sauch.

Jeremy and Molly Horn said...

Hey congrates on the new baby to come. I was way sick with Emma. It is awful. When are you do? I hope you feel better soon.