UPDATE

When we decided to start blogging Matt told me to just start the one Blog instead of trying to do two. Unfortunately, he was right, as usual (though I will rarely admit it). But, by giving this one up for an entire week, I have found that there are things I don't want to put on our other blog that I don't mind ranting about here. Though I am not planning on putting a ton of posts on here, maybe it will be a little more personal. 

To view all of our posts  just  go to www.SheerElegancePhotography.blogspot.com

Thanks!

k

Friday, July 25, 2008

Another Robbery Rant

So, we finally 'finished' cleaning up the remnants of the robbery yesterday. It is always so much fun attempting to put things back together again when they aren't yours and you don't know how they were supposed to be to begin with. (just a HINT of sarcasm....) I brought my dog along, even though my husband and my sister were there, and my dad for a little while, it still freaked me out a bit being in that big house with so many hiding places. Natalie - I remember it took us a good twenty minutes to find you that one time, and everyone was looking for you!! And, to answer your question, it wasn't completely trashed. Just my grandparents room and their den. That clean up took us what seemed like forever. Can you imagine if they had trashed more?! The funniest part about it is the things they took and the things they left. They left probably $30 or more in stray bills and change, but they took the title to an old car my grandparents don't even have anymore. The entire thing was just strange. I am honestly surprised they didn't spend more time going through things more thoroughly. But when I had stopped by Monday to bring in the mail I thought I noticed a closet was open and I thought I heard a toilet flush. Mind you, the house is realy old and makes all kinds of noises so I wasn't TOO terrified, but I had a feeling I needed to get out of there fast... but Matt thinks I probably interrupted them. At this point I have to say I agree. The thought of it just makes me shiver!

1 comment:

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

Even Nathaniel was talking about that at the party, about how he found this great place. Good idea to bring the dog!